Kris' Bubble

Finally, a space for my stuff and a place for you to leave me your comments! (No, that was not a request... XD)

Monday, March 26, 2007

1 month short of a year

Hi everyone!

It's almost been a year since I last posted anything. How time flies, ne?
For those of you still visiting my blog from time to time: thank you! (Altho I doubt anyone does...)

Neways! So Kris graduated from college now, and no, "Life Drawing" is not done.
There was too much restriction, mostly due to the lack of time, that caused me to just 'settle' with what I've done for my film. And now, armed with more time, I want to rework my film (altho not having a time limit is dangerous as well....)

~ahem~

So to the point of this post: I've redone the Drawing today, in Maya.
I've thought about how hard it was to edit the traditionally animated Drawing into the 3d film, and that wasn't even where she interacted with the 3D props! So I decided to recreate her in Maya.

The benefit of that is that she can now actually interact with the 3D props, and an accidental benefit was that she now looks like a crudely drawn character done by a 4 yr old ('cuz it's impossible to drawing in friggin' Maya, especially with a mouse!)

I didn't rig her, considering that she's built of nurbs planes and grouped lines: my intention is to animate her almost like a paper cut-out animation and by her CVs. We will see if that's plausible when I do some test animation. (already, I predict that there will be problems with the "scribble" lines' CVS... I may have to scan in some crayon scribbles and use that as texture afterall...).

Hopefully, I'll feel motivated enough to get to that at some point... but for now, here's a render of the maya version of the Drawing:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home